Saturday, September 23, 2006

First Post


I have been thinking about blogging since I started going to the West Hollywood sitch 'n bitch meetings last May. Besides learning my new obsession- crochet- I discovered a group of amazing people, who are creative, a blast, and who blog. They all have blogs! I felt out of the loop, felt like I was missing something. And then Annika started a web ring for WeHo snb, and well, I admit, I'm a joiner. So here I am. There's a bunch of things I still can't figure out- like how to join the ring or add links. Eventually it will be old hat. I was lucky to figure out how to add a picture.

The other thing about blogs that appeals to me is that the writing is so immediate. Since I'm a poet, every word in a poem is very deliberate and measured. Blogs are looser and I like the idea of getting my thoughts out, without worrying so much.

I also decided now is the time to blog is that the website Crochet Me is having a crochet-along and
I have to have a blog to really participate fully.

Here, I've copied the info on it from their website:

Welcome to the Crochet Me's first ever Crochet Along!

The madness starts Wednesday, September 27th.
In the mean-time--choose your yarn, get the button, spread the word--it's going to be sweet!

We can't wait to see what you are going to do with the Sweet sweater, and we'll talk about it all here.

I'm looking forward to crocheting this sweater in community. It will be my first fitted garment. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions.


I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!


4 comments:

mehitabel said...

Welcome to the blogiverse! You'll find it's lots of fun, I'm sure!

Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Alicia! Welcome to the internets!!! I'll be checking back to see your progress on your crocheted sweater!

Cheryl said...

Welcome to the club. Happy loose writing. :-)

Alicia said...

Thanks for the welcome!