Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knitzilla b-day party!

Last night I went to Knitzilla's 2nd birthday party. Here is a description of Knitzilla from their website:
Knitzilla! is a group of yarn addicts
of all genders who get together Monday nights in Silverlake to chat and knit or crochet. We welcome new knitters to come and learn-we'll show you the basics! We are an all-ages group that believes in investing in our community.Knitzilla! members pledge to support our community through at least one project each year. Give back through craft! Check out our Rad Bad Beanies Project!

Knitzilla members have given crochet and knit hats, blankets, scarves, sweaters to a variety of causes, including Afghans for Afghans, Rad Bad Beanies Project, to Katrina victims, Stitches from the Heart. I have only attended one meeting and the party last night. But I will be going back. It is a great group- very friendly. The woman who started this group-Bug- is really amazing. She did a fabulous job organizing the party last night. Tons of raffle items. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and didn't take any pictures at the party. but when I came home, I took photos of the raffle items I won. I made out like a bandit!

I won:

1. a subscription to Craftzine! check it out- http://www.craftzine.com/


2. 2 skeins of bamboo yarn donated by That Yarn Store in Eagle Rock! I think I am going to make a farmer's market bag.
















3. Everyone got some clover knitting needles and pair of cute scissors. Now I am set to learn how to knit! We were all also given t-shirts and some coupons, including 15% off at the Black Sheep Knittery





















4. A sassy canister for storing knitting needles donated by Jordana Paige. In my favorite color! Isn't it cute?























5. and a pair of Knit Lite knitting needles! Dixie really liked them- Maybe she'll learn to knit with me.


4 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Hi!
Sorry I missed you at That Yarn Store on Saturday.

Yes, isn't Bug great? I've never actually met her, but we've e-talked over the years. One of these days I'll get over to a Knitzilla meeting too!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I *love* craftzine - a subscription! and I *love* that bamboo yarn, and the Paige canister, and everything you won! Heck, if I'd won all that at my first meeting, I'd be going all the time too!!!

I enjoyed chatting with you last nite. I'm still hoping I can convince the monkey that Indian culture is as exciting as Native-American culture, but she can be stubborn. Definitely gets that from her father...

Alicia said...

I enjoyed talking to you too!

tell the lil monkey that if it isn't fun, then you guys can leave. And tell t=her about the fashion exhibition- go to the website: www.lacma.org

I bet once she gets there, she'll have fun.

Rina said...

I love that cannister! Good luck learning how to knit.

You know, I did my master's at UCLA ages ago but never made it over to LACMA. It must be fun working for a museum, especially if they do cool stuff like fashion exhibits.