Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Just Is

I know I haven't written on this blog for ions. There are many excuses, mostly technical (my computer died). But it is just too boring for anyone to read about that. Anyway, since my friend Ellen mentioned me on her blog, I feel like I should at least post SOMETHING new.

New yarny stuff:
-I had a knitting break through last summer about tension thanks to Samantha at Abuelita's in South Pasadena. I was holding the yarn too loose, perfect for crochet, but not right for knitting. Then I went the opposite direction and my knitting was too tight. (On knit rows it was hard to get the needle in) I'm working on loosening up.

-I finished the knitting on a tank top in August from the One Skein book. Cascade- 50% pima cotton, 50 % tencel in light blue. (oh so soft) I just have block and sew. The blocking is a problem because of the kittens and their antics. I think I'm going to try to block in the bathtub...

- I finished a crochet wrap. It is long and airy. I used Koigu in black and the biggest hook I have- a "p". It is fast becoming my favorite accessory.

-I started my first sweater. I'm using a variagated hand painted Aruacana cotton in lovely shades of green. I have the back completed, and I cast-on the front.

-On Ellen's suggestion, I'm crocheting a felted skull. Super fast project and the pattern is free from Lion Brand Yarn I just have one more round to do (I finisned most of it in less than an hour) and I need to felt it.

- I took a sock class at Abuelita's and made my first baby sock. (I'll post pics later.) It is so cute and I love it so much that I carry it around in my pocket like a talisman. This was my first time on double pointed needles. My knit world opened up.

-I crocheted a hat as fast as I could last week to send to Afghans for Afghans. They had a deadline for today to send out 80 cartons of knitted goods for children in Afghanistan. I've been wanting to participate in this project since I picked up the hook. I'll post a pic later.

-on the needles I have a hat that I'm making for Jake. It's kind of a practice hat- I've never knit one, and I want to use my new double pointed skills.

I think there's more, but I just can't remember...

3 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Yippee! Alicia is bloggin' again! Welcome back. Can't wait to see photos of all the new projects.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yay!!! You're back!!!

Huh. Holding the yarn too loosely. I *wish* I had that problem. Then maybe my wrists wouldn't hurt so much. . .

Natalie said...

you've been busy. Glad to hear what you are up to. Can't wait to see the felted skulls!